First Year Mentor Program

The Mentor Program encourages camaraderie, support and success
amongst fellow students. The Program fosters upperclassmen to guide First Year Seminar students through their first year transition into the unique community that is Manhattanville College.

Pumpkin Party!

Fall 2013

To celebrate the turn of the Fall Season I worked with, Mentors Liz, Molly, in conjunction with Resident Advisor, Matt Murphy and Residence Hall Association to host a Pumpkin Patch Party. Students who attended picked from the various pumpkins and had the option of either painting or carving their pumpkin. Students munched on fall goodies like pumpkin muffins and apple cider while decorating their pumpkins on the Quad.

By co-sponsoring with Residence Hall  Association (RHA), Mentors and Residence Advisors we were able to combine resources to create an expansive program. The support of RHA promoted the Pumpkin Party to a larger audience and brought an array of students together. Each student decorated their pumpkin in a different manner; from traditional jack-o-lanterns to pumpkins covered in pink glitter, the individual attributes of each student were distinct in style. This program brought over sixty students together in a fun atmosphere where each could forget about midterms and be creative as a group.

Returning Mentor Presentation

Summer 2013 

This year, all returning mentors were given the option to host a teaching panel during the summer training session. The presentation and activity I developed discuses the relationship between Mentors and the First Year Instructor. In this presentation I look at the various professors I have worked with and offer other mentors tips on maintaing a good relationship with their own First Year Instructor. 

Follow the link to watch the  Prezi presentation. 

In addition, the acitivty "Perfect Professor" that I created for each mentor to complete is attached as well: PerfectProfessor Activity.docx

Introduction Letter

Spring 2013

Dear Mentees,

Welcome to Manhattanville! My name is Steph Camerone and I am so excited to be your First Year Seminar Mentor. As a senior I entered Manhattanville in the fall of 2010 and now call Mville my home. The professors, clubs and friends you shall meet here will change your life. As a mentor it is my job to help incoming freshman assimilate to college and I can help everyone in individualized ways. Whether it is conquering the “freshman flunk” classes (which we don’t have), making new friends or handling roommate issue I hope you will come to me with any of your problems. 

Here is just a short introduction of myself. I am a double major in English and History with a minor in Communications. Along with my studies I am also involved in a lot of extracurricular activities on campus.  I am the Editor-in-Chief of Graffiti the Literary and Art Magazine, Assistant Editor of Touchstone the Student Newspaper, Vice President of Academics within SGA and a member of the Organic Community Garden on Campus. If you would like to be involved in any of these organizations or other activities on campus as your mentor I can help!

While College does involve a new level of work there is also great elements of fun. When the weather is nice I can be found sitting underneath the “Simba tree” blowing bubbles or playing Hackensack with my friends. Along with hanging on the Quad I enjoy movies, going to the city and doing arts and crafts with my 

suitemates. I like to listen to music on my record player as well; some of my favorites are Pink Floyd, Macklemore and Kaskade.

I will be visiting with your

class at the beginning of the spring and

properly introduce myself in person.

However, if you need any help with scheduling

or questions over the summer please email me at

camerone.stephanie@gmail.com or find me on Facebok or around campus. I am excited to meet all of you on campus in June and July orientation!

Enjoy your summer,

Steph Camerone