Both the readings and the musical works in the second half of the semester were longer and more complex. Did you use different strategies to absorb this material?

What were your challenges in writing a longer essay? What if the paper had to be twice the length? Were you satisfied in how you scheduled your work, and what are the implications for the larger freshman essay in the spring?

To understand the readings during this half of the semester it was extremely important for me break down the reading into sections so I knew I was fully understanding what I was reading. Often, I find myself starting to go into information overload when I read something difficult all at once. Therefore, it is extremely important for me to read sections at a time. 

It isn't necessarily hard for me to write a longer essay because I often have alot to say. However, it was hard for me to start a thesis for this paper and therefore it became difficult to write. Once I came up with a thesis I did an outline of the paper and then easily peiced the information together. If the paper was twice as long I would have done the same thing but would have deffnitely started much earlier than I did. Unfortunately I am WAY to good at putting off papers. However, I have learned throughout the semester the necessity for time management.  I heard that the freshman essay is extremely daunting but a great time for self reflection. I look foward to the process.