How is an essay about personal choice different from an academic essay? Should it be different? What are the challenges to supporting your own ideas that are different from drawing upon other writers?

A personal choice essay differs from an academic essay because it leads its topic with personal authority rather than academic. I do believe that a personal choice essay should be different from an academic essay because it doesn't necessarily have to have a factual topic to be information. Supporting ones ideas in a personal essay can become challenging because it take much more to support your own ideas as opposed to academic writers ideas. Academic writers have an authority that my peers and myself do not. 

Identify the elements of persuasion in your argument: what specific details did you choose, and how did you order your argument to make the best possible case for your artistic taste?

I use numerous different forms of persuasion in my essay. Two of the most convincing forms are when I bring up the musical elements such as the changing dynamics in the songs. I also bring up how the topics in the music Next to Normal are topics that people face in everyday life.