I am the type of person that once I start something, I finish it and I finish it well. I am very perservered and determined when it comes to every aspect of my life including my work ethic. My work ethic is one that is very strong although there is always room for improvement. I've worked under stress for a good portion of my life and it is something I have learned to deal with but once I set my mind to something I do it. 

I love to read; It is actually one of my favorite hobbies. I also enjoy many other parts of school and many different subjects and it is because of this that I have so much trouble deciding what it is that I want to do with my life. I love reading and writing as well as various topics in Biology and other subjects as well. 

For now, I am just learning more about myself and who I am what I like before I make such a big decision.

When I got put into the seminar Sustainability:Creating a Future we Can Live with I was very excited to learn more about the concept. I believe that there should be a balance between nature and man and that we should not be able to control and dominiate every aspect regarding nature. I agree with the value and aspect of teamwork and finding a place that we all feel comfortable in. Although I don't know my place in the world yet, slowly, I can learn my place in my class, in my community, in my college, in Manhattanville. I like the fact that we can learn about each others strenghts and weaknesses and benefit and help others as well. 

The great thing that I have noticed about this course is that it is not just about Sustainability in the environment. Everytime I thought of the word "sustainable" I would always automatically connect it to the environment without thinking about the fact that sustainability means a balance in every aspect not just the environment. I noticed that more once doing the photographic interpretation. There has to be a balance in nature, the enconomy and culture. We have to have a balanace in our LIVES in order to be sustainable. 

As the seminar progressed, my understanding of sustainability was one that definitely changed. I had originally knew what it meant but like previously mentioned, I began to understand the greater concepts behind it. The seminar taught me a lot about community and how it important it really is. Even though we start on a small scale, it is one that grows with the more action that we take. Especially doing the Sustainability Action Project, we were able to look at our community at Manhattanville and see how we can improve it based on our outside community as well. Watching all the videos and reading the books as well gave us different perspectives on the ideas that we were discussing at the time which is important in order to get a better understanding. Nonetheless, all the things we ever talked in class helped me grow as a person. I was able to go out of my comfort zone and do things that I would more often than not be reluctant to do so. Listening to presentations at a conference is different than giving one in front of a bunch of teachers and that was something I was able to do after this class. I also decided to expand my leadership roles. This class taught me that in order to make a change, one musn't simply talk about everything that needs to be done but instead one must take action and in order to take action a lot of the time leadership qualities need to present. Because of this I decided to become more involved in things that enforce these leadership qualities. Now I'm going to be a mentor for a freshman seminar class next year and am also on the board of the Latin American Student Association. If it wasn't for this seminar class, I would not have gotten the push that I needed in order to do so. So besides teaching me about sustainability, I am slowly understanding my place in this place and for that I owe a thanks to my freshman seminar class.