Hello Everyone!

If you didn't already know, I'm Nicole.  I was born and raised in Yonkers, New York.  Both my parents were born in Guyana, but come from a number of different backgrounds, which makes me pretty mixed.  It's pretty funny because no one can ever guess my ethnicity right. Go ahead, try :) I'm currently a freshman at Manhattanville College & so far have been loving it! At the moment I'm undecided, but hopefully that will all change soon.

My interests & hobbies are: playing chess, collecting stamps, bird watching... no, I'm just kidding. It's more like: shopping (like the other 99.9% of girls), swimming, para-sailing, adventurous sports, spending time with friends and family, photography, traveling, etc.

My favorite place that I've ever traveled to is Italy, no questions asked. Rome & Venice are my favorites! I don't think I've ever been to a more close-knit, loving country. Everyone was so friendly; it got to the point where I never wanted to leave.

Though I have such a strong love for Italy, nothing can ever top New York. I love the fact that I have New York City in my backyard and can go whenever I'm free. There's so much beauty, culture, and life here.

There's so much to do and such little time to do it!.... There's a reason it's called the city that never sleeps ;)

I was enrolled in a Black/White Photography class last semester and learned so much. I put a few photos up from my final portfolio! I honestly fell in love with everything about it; it's truly a lost art. I'm sad there isn't a Photography part deux, but it's okay because I'm glad I had the opportunity :)

"All our dreams can come true,  if we have the courage to pursue them."
 Walt Disney

“Be the change that you wish to see in the world.” 
Mahatma Gandhi