DRAFT: This module has unpublished changes.
Your 4-Year Plan for Career Success
Explore, Decide, Experience, Succeed
Freshman Year – EXPLORE
- Get to know students, staff and faculty.
- Stop by the Center for Career Development (CCD) and learn about career resources.
- Visit Student Activities and join a club.
- Go to the Duchesne Center and learn about community service, study abroad and the 4th credit option.
- Activate your Experience account to search for campus employment and internships.
- Like the CCD on Facebook, follow on Twitter and read HOT NEWS to get updates on events and internships.
- Meet with a career counselor to discuss majors and career paths.
Sophomore Year – DECIDE
- Draft a resume and cover letter using the CCD guidebooks and review with a career counselor.
- Sign up for the Job Shadow Program.
- Attend career panels, workshops and internship and job fairs.
- Visit the Duchesne Center and apply for study abroad opportunities.
- Declare your major and minor.
- Apply for summer internships using Experience and other CCD recommended resources.
- Ensure you have professional interview attire.
Junior Year – EXPERIENCE
- Update your resume and meet with a career counselor to have it approved for your portfolio.
- Attend career related events to develop your networking and interviewing skills.
- Take a leadership role in an activity, organization or club.
- Complete an internship.
- Create a LinkedIn account and join the Manhattanville College Student-Alumni Career Network.
- Get information about graduate school and start the application process.
Senior Year – SUCCEED
- Meet with a Career Counselor to create a post graduation plan.
- Continue to expand your experiential learning to build your resume.
- Network with potential employers by attending career related events and job fairs.
- Start applying for full time jobs prior to graduation (deadlines vary by industry).
- Use CCD resources to prepare for interviews.
- Select and contact faculty and past employers to request professional references.