I believe that each child is a unique individual who needs a safe, warm, caring, and stimulating environment in which he can learn and grow. Therefore, my role as an educator is to create an environment where all students feel safe, both emotionally and physically, believe in themselves and their capabilities, and feel free to express their own ideas and opinions.

My biggest hope is to instill the love of learning in my students as I share my own passion for learning with them. In my classroom, I will become a partner in learning with my students where I will be continuously asking questions, looking for new explanations, and discovering numerous new answers. I will not try to find all the answers but rather will focus on developing a community of learners where self-initiated questioning by both teacher and students will be at the heart of learning.

In my classroom, I will also pay attention to the needs of each child so that all learners could feel successful and capable. I believe that engaging students in their learning as much as possible is a key element in teaching. Therefore, I will create a curriculum around students’ interests, give students the opportunity for their input, and will allow them to generate ideas and set goals for their own learning. I believe that when students have ownership in the material they are learning, they are motivated to work hard and master the skills that are necessary to reach their goals.

In addition to my guidance, it is also important to have students collaborate and to learn from each other. Let students try to come up with their own strategies to solve problems and let them share these strategies with others. It may give some students wider variety to choose from and to see what works best.

Ultimately, I want to create a classroom community where students will learn to respect, accept, and embrace the differences that exist among them. Every educator brings into the classroom his own values and beliefs and I believe that I can make a difference in my classroom by empowering all students, believing in them as capable individuals, and giving them tools to become lifelong learners and caring members of society.