Welcome to my Teaching e-Portfolio. I am a graduate student at Manhattanville College earning my degree in Master of Arts in Teaching – Childhood Education (Grades 1-6).

Becoming a teacher was something that I always wanted to do; however, growing up in Eastern Europe in late 1970s, I quickly understood that having dreams and making these dreams a reality were two separate things. When I was twenty years old, I was presented with an opportunity to come to the US. In a short time after my arrival, I became fluent in English and established myself as an excellent childcare provider.

Several years later, I enrolled in the Childhood Education Program part time. Since then I have been completing my degree and realizing my dream of becoming a teacher. In 2007, I have graduated with Highest Honors from WCC with A.A.S. in Early Childhood. In 2011, I graduated Summa Cum Laude from Manhattanville College with Bachelor of Science in Behavioral Studies. While still in the undergraduate program, I enrolled in the Master of Arts in Teaching – Childhood Education. I am expected to graduate in May 2013.

During spring semester 2013, I was student teaching in an elementary school in Port Chester, NY. I enjoyed working with and learning from the students in the classroom and I look forward to having my own classroom in the near future.