My name is Kira Flynn and I am currently an undergraduate freshman at Manhattanville College, double majoring in Education and Sports Studies with a minor in Dance. I am a 2016 graduate from Newtown High School, where I was a key contributor to the creation of Newtown’s Unified Sports Program. I am passionate about the inclusion and acceptance of all people, regardless of their abilities which is why I have chosen to become a special education teacher.

Outside of my studies I enjoy dancing and hiking. I have found that both activities are a very healthy and enjoyable way to relieve day to day stresses. I love the room for self-expression, the almost immediate release of stress and tension, and the freedom to just be me which both activities allow.

It is my dream and goal to help those with intellectual and developmental disabilities feel accepted rather than isolated. Growing up I have always loved working with all types of people, and I would like to share this passion, ultimately with the hope of continuing to making a difference!