For my district level internship, I was fortunate enough to have Gail Joyner- White, a 30 year veteran educator, who is currently the Director of Professional Development and Leadership Development as my mentor.  Her support and guidance was invaluable.  I was offered the opportunity not only work with the Yonkers Basics movement throughout the schools and community, but also work with prekindergarten and kindergarten teachers to rework the Vision of Yonkers Public Schools Early Childhood Education.

Since my internship ended, I still reflect on my district experiences.  I am still learning something new every day.  I been learning the knowledge necessary to become both a visionary and transformational leader in the global education community and to empower and inspire leaders, teachers and students in the educational community.  I continuously learning and reflecting on how to gain  the skills necessary to utilize the knowledge that i have acquired.  This internship allowed me to be pushed to work hard and exceed my own goals but also be held accountable for my actions.  During the course of this internship I learned something new every day!  I now have the new skills, strengths, and strategies.