Greetings,

Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Henock Tsegaye. I am a senior in Manhattanville college, majoring in Biochemistry and minoring in math. Thanks to my inspirational high school biology teacher in Ethiopia, I have always been fascinated by the field of biochemistry, and it has always been my dream to pursue knowledge and expertise in this field. I believe knowledge of biochemistry is what will prepare me most for my years in medical school and beyond. However, my ultimate goal in life is to become a neurosurgeon just like my role model, Dr. Benjamin Carson. By becoming a neurosurgeon, I will hopefully be able to satisfy both my desire to help people and my fascination with the human brain. But as an undergraduate student, I have a very long journey ahead of me, and  therefore I am working tirelessly through academics, research and other extracurricular activities to one day make my dream a reality. 

Academics aside, I am a very laid-back individual. I enjoy anything that has to do with soccer,either watching soccer matches or playing with friends (preferably on  X-box).  I also have a new found passion for photography ever since Dr. Annemarie Bettica showed me how to use a DSLR. My favorite quotes are Greek in origin and were found inscribed on the forecourt of the temple of Apollo at Delphi. The two inscription were 'know thyself' and 'nothing in excess'. 

Thank you for visiting my eportfolio and please contact me if you have questions. 

Henock Tsegaye