This section has been inspired by National Public Radio's (NPR) feature This I Believe. These essays have been written by people all over the world, in which they articulated core values by which they live their lives. It is a valuable exercise to articulate the things that matter to oneself. With a clear understanding of what is important, one may have a much clearer sense of one's priorities, which guide individual choices and decision making. Ultimately, one must lead a sincere life, a life that is in line with one's principles...This I believe.
Here are some questions to get you started:
- What are some things your value?
- What are some things that you are committed to?
- What are some things you have learned through your lived experience?
- What is your unique approach to life?
- Are there principles or ideas that guide your daily life?
- Why are these things important to you?
- Tell a Story
- Name your beliefs
- Be positive
- Be personal
- Be brief