Creative Expression Through Art (C.E.T.A)

This year i decided to take on a new opportunity to expand my leadership skills and passion for community service. As a Duchsene Scholar I received an notice about becoming a student coordinator from Craig Donnelly. On the list of events that were open was CE.T.A. I remembered participating in the program in my freshman year with on of my classes. I immediately signed up as I remembered having an enjoyable time with the young artists.  

At first becoming a student coordinator was challenging since I had to organize and prepare an order sheet for the supplies. I also had to make plans for the kids each week. Furthermore I had to get the college involved. I started making fliers and hanging them throughout the campus to get more volunteers to come and participate with the children. As fall semester of 2012 continued it became easier as I grew more organized and aware of my responsibilities and role with the Duchesne Center. 

I currently participate and plan all events for this program that is two hours long per week. In addition, I am working with art studio professors to maybe set up a small gallery of their work for art appreciation.